Below are steps to setup the WIFI connection of the generator and the Mobile Link Setup app. If you are starting fresh or bypassed this step in the installation, these steps will get your generator Mobile Link ready using WIFI.
GENERATOR WIFI INSTALL WIZARD:
- The Install Wizard screen will appear when the control panel is first powered up.
- After the control panel has initialized you will be presented with the language selection screen. Use the up and down buttons to choose a language, then press ENTER to select that language.
- On the "Setup Wi-Fi?" screen you will have the option to continue with wireless network setup by clicking "Yes”, or disabling the wireless adapter by choosing "No". When the wireless adapter has been disabled in this manner it must be enabled before wireless setup can continue.
- Choosing "Yes" will initiate Wi-Fi setup by putting the generator's wireless module in access point mode with its own network name so it can accept station associations from other Wi-Fi enabled devices (like phones, tablets, or laptops).
- Now go to the Mobile Link Setup app and follow the instructions below.
MOBILE LINK SETUP APP:
Navigate to the settings app on your phone.
Go to the Wi-Fi menu.
|Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on.|
Connect to your MLG Network.
|Choose what is displayed on your Control Panel.|
|If you chose language selection, select your language and press enter. The Control Panel will display "Setup Wi-Fi". Select "Yes" then press "Enter"|
|The Control Panel will display "Connecting to Wi-Fi" for a few moments and then "Set To AP Mode." Once "Setup Wi-Fi Now!" is displayed, your generator is ready to connect.|
|Select your Wireless Network.|
|Enter in the password.|
|Wait as your generator connects to your home Wi-Fi network.|
|Now that you have successfully connected either create a Mobile Link Account or Sign in.|